Sunday, January 18, 2009

New Discovery ^-^

He caught my attention recently...He's one of the really good soul, R&B singer and songwriter I would say...I seldom listen to any Hong Kong singer's songs, but he's the rare one...haha !! must be wondering who am I talking about huh ??? Well, he's Khalil Fong ( 方大同 ). Although he's a Hong Kong singer, but most of the songs he sang are in Mandarin and English...don't really hear him sing any Cantonese songs....haha...if he started his career by singing Cantonese songs, I don't think I'll notice him...as I'm not so into Cantonese songs....I prefer English, Mandarin, Korean, Japanese....but there's still exception...like Jason Chan ( 陈柏宇 )....last time I do listened to his Cantonese songs....haha....but I guess I'll still notice Khalil Fong if he started his career singing Cantonese songs...as he's really one of the best R&B singer....


A little biography about him...

Sources from Wikipedia


Khalil Fong, born July 14, 1983 is a soul singer and songwriter signed to a label in Hong Kong. He was born in Hawaii and his family moved to Shanghai when he was 6. His father (an American-born Chinese from San Francisco, California) wanted Khalil to learn more about Chinese culture. Six years later, they moved to Guangzhou and lived there for about 2 years. Afterwards, they moved to Hong Kong. When he was 16, he sent demos, which he had written, to music producers. Four years later, Warner Music Hong Kong finally recruited him as their producer. Khalil is a Bahai. His first language is English and he can speak Mandarin, Shanghainese, Hawaiian Pidgin English, and Cantonese.

'Spring Breeze' ( 春风吹 ), was the first song that make me notice him...it was few years back. If I'm not wrong, it was recorded in his first album 'Soul Boy'. Lately I got back to his songs again...guess I'm too free searching for songs after STPM !! haha...
He's latest album 'Orange Moon', was the one that make me wanna know more about him... perhaps I'm really too free...lol...He played few instruments like guitar, bass, piano...He's another real talented singer and songwriter...hmm...just go listen it yourself....highly recommend 'Singalongsong', '小小蟲', '黑洞里','三人遊'...lol...mostly all the songs are nice....hehe :P

That's all for now...salut !! ( bye in French )

.xoxo.
try it out



missing you heaps

0 comments: